Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Event...Flying Solo at Pedestrian Sunday in Baldwin Village

After last year's performance with a five piece band, back-up singers and flautist, this year I stood and nakedly faced my fears yesterday during Pedestrian Sunday in Baldwin Village. Well, not quite that naked, I had my clothing and two drumsticks!

Why was I so worried? I had enthusiastic audience participation. The folks in the crowd clapped and sang along with me and everybody had a great time. After my performance, a woman with two youngsters in tow stopped me to say she had been about to step into the shower when her children called out "Mom, there's a woman singing at the fair. It sounds like the kinda of music you would love."

If you were in the crowd, thank you so much for participating and for sharing in the expressions of love that flowed between us all during that gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment