Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thoughts...Good-bye My Friend: R.I.P Terry Leroy Levis

Yesterday evening was a grand celebration for Terry Leroy Levis, a great stalwart in the anti-oppression struggle, a musician of great renown, a wonderful husband to Bea, and father to Collen, Donna, and Kim.

Terry volunteered for many years at CIUT 89.5 FM. He hosted a program for elders (part of the Caffeine Free line up), but spoke of every conceivable issue on his show. His love of invention and mechanics were topics he and I spoke of often. I know my partner Stephen will miss their quantum mechanic jokes that often seemed private until Terry broke it down for others to be included--that was part and parcel of Terry's life mandate that we are all connected.

Our love of classical music was something else Terry and I shared and I'm glad I got to share Handel's "Where e'er you walk" (the aria from Semele) with him. Terry encouraged me to create and write my own stories, and supported me very often by attending my performances. I recall many shows and community concerts (sometimes in the weirdest, far out places), where I would look up and there would be Terry holding a up a corner. Our shared love of stories and music had brought him out.

Terry, you will be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment